A PbP semi-fantasy wolf roleplay site for intermediate and advanced roleplayers a like.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Click below for our World Map
Latest topics
» Wild Reign-- a wolf roleplay unlike the others
Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Guest

» silvers bio
Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:16 am by silver

» A Place to Meditate
Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:15 pm by Aleria

» Taking Over
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:21 pm by Fangir

» Being away
Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:59 pm by Aleria

» Every Rose as its thorns
Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:20 pm by Sage

» | Incandescence | Post-Apocalyptic Wolf RPG
Tue May 28, 2013 2:44 pm by Guest

» Hunting? Or Just Lost?
Mon May 20, 2013 4:04 am by Fangir

» Be still my beating heart
Fri May 17, 2013 5:21 pm by Sage

Quick Links
Top Ranking Sites
Top 50 Wolf RPG Top 100 Canine Sites

Share | 

A Place to Meditate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sage

PostSubject: A Place to Meditate    Tue May 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Mountains, rugged unforgiving mountains, just like those the blond brown wolf was born by. Preahps that is what drew him here and why the adult wolf struggled over rocks both smooth and jagged rocks. All of his traning told him there was something here something worth seeing. Standing on the edge of a cliff he looked down to he rocks below and saw it there, blackness. "Ah...A cave just what I was after." He said in a gruff voice. The wolf moved down the slope and started to run, a bad move as some stones under his paws gave way.

With a yelp the wolf went tumbling head over heals to the ground below, boncing off the edge of the cliffs once with a yelp. The wolf landed hard and lay on the ground unmoving. As the wolf lay there, his body changed, it grew larger and the blond hair changed to a dark chocolate. The wolf hufed and slowy rose. "What a foolish move what am I a pup?" He complained in a now deepr voice. He shook, dust rising from his fur. "Well good thing I took that in my younger body....the old bones may not have took it." He moved forward a little more stiffly now to the darkness of the cave. He stood before the cave and inhaled the air catching the scent of water. With a grin on his muzzle, the old wolf moved into the darkness of the cave.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleria

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Fri May 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Another place. With a sigh golden orbs with specks of green glanced around the area. So far, so good. Crouching, she looked at the ledge above and to the left of her, judging the distance. Retreating back a few ways, her muscles bunched before she sprang. Short by by a few cm, her Lycan claws grappled for the ledge and she hoisted herself up, breathing heavily. Pink toungue hanging out of her mouth as she looked over the edge and down. Ears careening back, she righted
her footing before tredging along the terrian. She could hear scuffles of rodents and the chirping of beetles as they scurried away from her presense.

It wasn't long till she glimpsed a cave in the distance, over joyed for a bit of shelter put a bit more pep in her step giving her a burst of energy at the distance
she still had yet to get to it. As she got closer she realized the cave was further down, taking her time, she walked down the slop, stopping as she caught sight of the skid marks. Wet black nose wiggled as she smelt the marks leading to where a body ...wolf's body had lain, the scent was fresh no more than an hour or so. Trailing the scent, it led right to the entrance of the cave. Just her luck, it was preoccupied. Looking inside the dark depts, her hears flattened. She so didnt' want to have a fight over where someone would rest.

Making sure she wouldn't be ambushed when she left, she kept an eye on her surroundings, moving farther down maybe she'd come accross a burrow or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sage

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Fri May 10, 2013 9:35 pm

An hour had passed, and hour Sage had used well. He drug his old body deep into the darkness of the cave and to the strong smell of water. A sly smile appred on his muzzle as the cave opened up and the crystal clear pools of crisp clean water were around him. "Perfect, a perfect place, untouched by man and even respected by beast. Yes the gaia is strong here but what a shame there is no plants." He said walking his way somewhat stiffly to the edge of the water.

Looking to the other islands of rock he sighed. "No matter what humans can build with their hands and those clever minds, nature shall always build something better for those willing to find it." He said as he eased himself into a siting position taking another look at the cave. The old wolf's chest rose as he took a deep breath and as he exhaled his form changed. The long mussel became a face and the ears human ears while his frame changed for an upright walking body and his limbs became arms and lags. A dark gray cloak covered him as well as if it were fur for the old human who now sat there.

As he crossed his legs and touched his fists together the man closed his eyes and fell into a deep meditative state getting to know the heartbeat of the land that was so new to him. As the hour came to an end the man knew more about the land than any human would unless they had proper training. "Thank you great land for letting me to get to know you. There is sill much to know though and I must go see it for myself."

The man rose and turned but as he did he caught the scent of something that was not water, a wolfish scent. He knew his elder human form would not be the best way to face a stranger so he turned back to his large wolf form and walked on. He felt better after his meditation and almost like he never fell. Going from a walk to a run he made it to the entrance and turned his head to see Lycan. With a smile he moved out of the cave enough to be seen and spoke loud enough to be heard. "Ah well well, didn't think I'd see another wolf here." It was good to see another wolf, more importantly he could help her find some plants to get to his younger form, surly the only way he would get out of there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleria

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Sat May 11, 2013 1:41 am

Finding that cave was a godsend. The jouney here was long and treacherous, Aleria's muscles ached and protested as she pushed herself further along. How she kept finding herself in the position of traveling was beyond her, but she wouldn't just let her Father head off towards gods new where, he was her life line to this realm whether he new it or not. Her home...didn't feel much like home anymore.
Things had gotten too comfortable, she knew she shouldn't have taken it for granted, but things seemed to have been going so well. Now things where unstable in her life, her adoptive parents where no longer together or with the same pack, her mate...was gone if it was forever.. she didn't know, she just knew she missed him terrible, the absesnse of him weighing heavily on her. The once happy place
that she called home had turned upside down, the place even more lonesome now that her loved once where gone from it. Needing something stable; constant, in her life she would follow Wolf, her Father, until....She had noticed a change him though, and she feared for him, his sanity his emotions. If she could help
him by being the constant in his life, she hoped it would help him.

After things at ShadowFang had calmed ever so slightly, she began to notice his sent was fading. She went to the place that was to be there home and did not find him, nor did she find him anywhere else at ShadowFang. Leaving Blaise and Skamar behind she traveled the miles back to her home. It was the only other place she could think of that he might be. Hearing gossip from the smaller animals, she checked it out soon finding a trail led by her Father. The other three scents that trailed after him had baffled her. Not becuase she didn't know whom they where, she did, but what exactly was going on. The trail was a few days old, but not wasting time she followed it, not slowing down. She barely took a break not wanting the trail to go cold, but it was when she closed in on the place full of death that she stopped. A clan of tigers had been whiped out, the soil soaking up the blood, scavengers eating the remains. The suble hint of her Fathers ki lay just beneath the stentch of death and decay.

~~~

Almost away from the cave, she had yet to notice another one. The day she came across the clan of dead tigers she had tried her best not to attract unwanted attention. Weary from her travels her steps had become misguided and steping on a twig caused the head of a bear to spring up, its gaze fixated on her. The bears scent hidden by the stench of death and blood. Knowing not to engage with such a creature, surely not on her own and definetly not when she was tired, she stood unmoving waiting out the bear, but it hadn't taken likely another predator near its meal and had charged at her. She got away from it after awhile, but not before it's claws tore into her side. She used only enough strengh to stop the bleeding, ate a vole to replenish some of the energy she lost.

Ears pricked up at a sound behind her and she turned keeping her right side hidden, the locks of her main hiding the wound some. Her gaze settled on the older wolf, standing rigid incase he where to attack she waited before she calmed it didn't seem likely that he would. As she relaxed, she now just looked weary from her travels. "Forgive my behavior. I have traveled far for many days."The apology sincere, the statement that followed was true also though she stopped in her explanations as to why the aggression at first. Weary and a new location one could never be to sure. Ears flickering she nodded slightly, "yes, it is. My name is Aleria."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sage

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Sat May 11, 2013 5:27 pm

A 'humph' escaped form him at the woman's defensive stance but he relaxed as she did. "An apology eh? One who knows some respect, good. Well Aleira, you don't need to know my name, never know how long I'll be around. But I suppose you'll want to call me something eh? You may call me 'Elder' if you so choose." He moved closer to Aleria looking her over. She had fresh blood on her but the wound was newly healed, obviously she could heal. He could tell the by the scent she had a run in with a bear. "Looking for a place to stay."

Sage spoke a statement, not a question, like the rest of his tone while it seemed rough and uncaring it was simply blunt and matter-of-fact, the way he always spoke. "You're welcome to stay here, it's beautiful deeper in and who would I be to hide natures splendor." He moved to stand at the mouth of the cave and faced her. Looking over her again and taking in the surroundings it seemed she got to this dangerous place without too much trouble. He already knew he'd have a hard time getting out but this could be just what he needed.

"One condition for using this den, you need to find me a plant, any plant will do and it doesn't have to be today. In fact it may be best if you rest for now and go looking for plant life later." He offered no explanation or hesatation in turning and entering the cave. She would either follow or not as he headed back to the water.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleria

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Tue May 14, 2013 3:04 pm

She was relaxed as she watched him, but she never let herself be too relaxed. At the exchange of her name, she waited for his. At his comment about not needing to know his, a muscle ticked below her eye. What was it with people, man or beast not wanting to give them her name? Not going to get worked up about it, she continued to let him speak as she remained quiet. At least he gave her something to call him, which she was greatful for. Lately, Aleria's moods have been drastic, unlike her shy quiet and carring self, but she blamed her 'mood swings' on everything that has happened; being stressed. As he stepped closer to her she eyed him wearily and flicked her ear. At his statement, "That obvious, hm?"

She stayed behind as he moved closer to the cave, her ears pinned back as she mulled it over. As he turned her way she looked at him before getting up and making her way over to him, "Thank you, Elder." Now the skid marks and the scene made scence, the terrian was pretty ruggade...She followed him inside, venturing through the tunnel until it opened wider revealing the pool of water and other wonders. "I will find you what you seek at first light." And food, they both would need its substance to regain their strength.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sage

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Wed May 15, 2013 1:36 am

Sage wasn't supriesed Aleria had joined him, it was also kind of nice to have someone to talk to even for the night. Once inside he moved over to the pool and took a drink, enjoying the cold taste of the water. "No thanks nesacary, once you find me a plant I may even have the strength to help you hunt just in case you run into a bear or worse." He got settled, laying down and curling half way up.

"What a land this is, so wild, so free and there are many beasts within. It seems there are large cats about as well as bears and plenty of prey. Why there are even humans but they don't go too deep within the land. Maybe it is too hard for them, bogs, islands, forests, mountains. This is one of the more.... inserting lands I have visited."

Sage spoke mostly to pass the time but also to keep away the silence. Two people talking would let others know the cave was occupied if scent didn't and he didn't want any to bohter him. That and he was eager to share the information he learned of the land though his meditation, it was true that the land was interesting, perhaps enough to make him stick around for a while.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleria

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Wed May 15, 2013 5:36 pm

As he went to drink, she stopped yards behind him taking in everything. "This plant you speak of, is it something unique? Do you need all of it from bud to roots? or just apart of it?" She asked as she made her way towards the water for a drink for herself. The cold crispness of the water revitalized her some. Hearing him speak of wild cats and bears she raised her head from the water's edge. "Did you come across any on your way here?" The marks on her side almost healed. She found a spot near the opening, if anything where to enter she'd deal with them. Resting her head on her paws she looked over at him.

The way he spoke of the land was intriging and wonderous. She just arriving, had yet to venture more than what it took her to get here. "Have you been her long then? Not the cave, but the area, you seem to know so much about it." She was glad he was talking, she didn't know if she could handle the silence with someone she had just met, but waht would she talk about? Best to leave it to him until she had something usefull to say. She had to admit company was rather nice. Now that she had made it to the lands, when he and she where where out, she'd try to catch her Fathers scent, but what would she say to him? No, for now she'd be here and help Elder get back to his health and find that plant he wanted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sage

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Thu May 16, 2013 12:17 am

He was glad shee was so in depth about his need of a plant, it showed she payed close attention and wanted to do things right. "Any old plant will do, so long as it is alive and green. I don't need the roots though, it would even be best to leave them be so the plant may still live." He always was sure not to kill any plant when he took it's energy. At her next question he shook his head. "No I haven't seen any, or been around this land much at all but I have asked all I needed to now from this place."

He looked back to the water and all around the cave. "This place is special, I have spent time here and learned much of the land, the energy that spreads though it goes far and I have red it, spoken to it if you will." He smiled reading the land was one of his favorite tings to do, being with nature and feeling the flow of gaia. "I just got here myself, I've been a wanderer almost since I was a pup. I like this land so far though..... But enough about this old wanderer, why are you alone in a place like this? I figured you would be in a pack." He stretched a bit, maybe wolves nowadays just ran around as loners, he met a few on his own travels. He never really was one for a pack himself, unless need be.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleria

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Fri May 17, 2013 12:18 am

"Any plant will sufice?" That was good news, "And you only need one or many?" Feeling a tinge in her side, she moved lightly readjusting herself before laying her head back down her her front paws. "No roots, check." Hearing that he hadn't rean into trouble she was releived, "That's good that you did not, i came in contact with a grizzly feasting on what appeared dismembered felines." She kept the part that is was her Father who had slain them to herself, they must have attacked or been closer than Wolf would have liked otherwise she didn't think he'd kill them for nothing...Her ears pinned back momentarily her gaze sweeping to him, "you communicate with the eartj? It sounds like a wonderful gift."

She puased for him to continue talking before staying quiet for a moment, her gaze left his to look out at the water, "I..I do belong to a pack, but..." she puased again uncertain if she should tell him about what has been going on and her "feelings", she could have sworn someone ..or maybe a book she read told her men didn't like to hear about such things...Regaining her composer, "I guess you could say I belong but then again, I don't to one." She didn't really no how to explain it with out going into more detail.. Also she declined from telling him of her newly appointed status in the stricture , Delta... she didn't even feel happy about it, should she be? ."May I ask why you thought I would be in pack? Could I not pull off a lone wolf?" she asked in a joking manor not wanting her mood to spiral down at the thought of home and here... everything. "i assure you, I'd do just fine on my own, tomorrow I shall show you when we hunt." still on the joking uppity spirit she stayed in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sage

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Fri May 17, 2013 5:35 pm

Sage thought for a moment the fall was a long one but he had time to rest and water to drink. "Just one or two will suffice." he said with a nod. He lifted his head at the thoguht of dismembberd felines. He wonderd what could have killed them and more importatnly why. If a killer was in the land he would have to be on alert. As she spoke he gave his attention back to her with a grin. "A gift, well maybe it is a gift for some but for me it came from many years of traning, why you could say even now I'm still traning, my art isn't perfect but the earth seems to accept me, something that does make my heart happy." Behind him his tail thummped on the earth slowly, it was ture he loved what he did.

Pondeirng over her situation of a pack he tired to offer some advice, he figured he'd have some somewhere in his mind. "Do and don't, well I suppose i's all about if you feel like a member or not and if they accept you." A little caught off guard by the joke he laughed. "I suppose I shouldn't judge, I've never been much of a pack wolf myself! You could be a loner I mean you faced a bear, you got down here alive....but you seem the age of those who live in packs rather than wander." It was nice to have a conversation, share a few laughs. Survivng togehter always forged some sort of bond with those he met anaway. "I look forward to seeing that then. For now I say we call it a night." He said gently resting his head down."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleria

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Fri May 17, 2013 10:33 pm

"Alright, I shall gather two plants come the morrow." She enjoyed talking; conversing. A rather shy creature, one that tended to be on her own most the time conversations did not spring up lightly, and though she had little to say, she really liked that she was actually having a conversation with someone it lasted. "Feeling connected so something feels wonderful doesn't it." She said in reference to the earth accepting him. Her words where soft and she would have smiled to him, but lycans didn't really have that feature and to make it seenged m nice.

Getting back to the pack question she tilted her head making a small noise, "I do not know how I feel about it anymore, things have changed and people have left, lot's of things have happened. One of those is what brings me here, wondering, traveling..." she said almost distantly before shaking her head gently looking to him, "Rest sounds good for Tomorrow comes swiftly. Rest Easy, Elder." She settled her head on her paws, her form curled lightly. An ear trained to the entrance in case something wandered in, she'd take care of it.

~~~

She awoke not by light for it didn't filter this far through, but becuase she just new it was morning. She arose from her slumber and stretched, raising her
head to look over where Elder had fallen asleep to check on him. A few drinks of water later and she was outside insearch of his plants. Her side felt much better
only pulling slightly, but the wound had closed nicely, the fur begining to grow back. Scanning the area, she scented the air scavengers of the night had crossed their path
but had long since been gone. Venture further she looked at the sloping hillside, varies plants and trees sprang up in no set order, colors splashed on a set of green and brown.
Birds sang happily flutting from tree to tree feeding their young. Not seeing anything that she thought he could use, she moved on from the greenery, the tail ends browned and curled.
It wasn't far when she spotted the lush green plant, polishly smoothed and shiny, not a lick of brown or inperfections. Plucking two from it's core she made her way back to the cave.

Finding him she lowered her head, dropping her findings at his feet and stepping back. "Good morning"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sage

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Mon May 20, 2013 10:07 pm

Two plants, he nodded, it would suit him then he could be much more help on the hunt. He nodded. "Yes, that connection can keep me grounded, that and it's nice to have a way to get to now a new land with ease." He ddin't say anything more on the pack topic, if she had a connection it would be her feelings and not his. A loner he wansn't too good at pack advice anaway. "Thank you, rest easy Aleria." Sleep came quick and easy to Sage and was plesent after such a long day.

------

Sage woke up with a yawn to see Aleria had gone out. He stood and shook sending dust off his coat. Getting a drink he looked back just in time to see Aleira drop off the plants. "Ah why thank you very much these to are beautiful and I'm sure I wouldn't be able to get them myself." He put one paw on each plant and smiled. The two plants started to glow a soft green at their leaves first then the rest of the plant. The two of them slowly started to wither and the lights made there way up Sage's legs and all around him enteirng his body. The transformation was swift, his dull fur turned a lighter blond-brown and had a new shine. He was smaller in this form but much more fit. He took a few smooth steps forward, all stifness of his elder form gone. "Ah now this is more like it. Fit as I once was. How about we go look for some food?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleria

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Wed May 22, 2013 9:41 pm

Dropping the plant as his feet she takes a few steps back and inclines her head "Your welcome. " she said softly just hoping that they would do what he needed them to. As he stepped forward she watched what he was doing intrigued and excited to witness. Watching the glow and energy be absorbed she grins feeling like the two where somewhat alike. As his fur changed colors and he seemed to change in age her ears pinned back as she studied him. "I am glad you feel better...and that the plants have helped." Seeing that he was able to hunt the two of them head out of the cave to the great outdoors.

(sorry it's short in the process of moving)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sage

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Tue May 28, 2013 7:31 pm

(no prob, sorry it took me a while to respond)

Sage wagged his tail and watched her reaction, it was always interesting to see what others thought of it. They always varied, from a violent, to calm, to awestruck, to unimpressed. "Me and the plnats, it's also part of the connection I have. Now then.." He moved outside the cave and snifed about taking in the air. He also looked around, the mountains looked hard for all but one thing to live in. "There may be goats here somewhere. Not much meat but where theere is one there is a herd. What do you think?" He asked making sure they were on the same page.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleria

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:56 pm

(sorry once again I moved and it has been a chore to get online)
She was impressed by far and happy that he had let her seen this happen. "Goats. Hm, I don't think I have eaten one before, back home ...we don't have those. I believe it will be interesting." She scented the air and after trifling through the scents she new she found the one that stood out, 98% sure that that was the goat. She followed after him. Soon she made one with her surroundings, even with her coloring the animals would have a hard time spotting her as she moved with ease and silence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sage

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:15 pm

(No problem Smile )

"Goats are good, you have to be fast to catch them, and cut off all escape routes." He moved behind her watching her hide skillfully. He noded looking at the mointins ahead. The ground started to rise and sure enough higher up there were white spots moving around, goats. He smiled. "Don't forget about their horns." he said in a whisper. Looking up he saw a path off to the side. "I'll take the high road, you take the low road and we'll have breakfast before them." He said with a smile setting off to the high path. 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleria

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:15 pm

As he made his way to the higher ground she kept low and out of sight. Her wet black nose wiggling as she scented the area. Keeping down wind so she wouldn't startled the small beast, she scanned the area looking for anyway they could past her and for an easy ambush site.

Spotting an area they may prove difficult in keeping them from getting away she blocked that path and laid in wait, ready to spring into action when one or more of the springy haired beings came her way. The low slope of the hill was protected, none shall pass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Meditate    

Back to top Go down

A Place to Meditate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1